Wednesday, March 5, 2008

and it started in earnest...


dis·con·tent
a restless longing for better circumstances

Through all of my fictional wanderings and adventures of the written word, I've often landed on glimpses of how life could be if things of fantasy were truly possible (or if I worked harder, saved more and exercised frequently).

I would probably be content to live my entire life behind the ancient bindings of books, but I know it cannot be. Reality is overrated, but fairy tales, ah, they are blankets for the soul. However, fairy tales would not be so resilient and resonate with so many if they did not teach us something about reality. So, this will be my wish list--an outlet to examine all the 'what-ifs' that fantasy inspires. A place in reality to find contentment, and a place to jot down the fancies that are found in books... so that I don't forget them.

This will be the place to catch all of my stumbling ideas and reactions to the many (many, many) stories that occupy the world. And maybe in the midst of it all, a pattern will emerge and I'll learn something about what it's like to simply be, reality or none.
~apple

1 comment:

MishMosh said...

yay! you started a blog I bookmarked it. I'm contemplating another, but I'm not ready yet. Congratulations!